Important Details about the VRO and VRA Recruitment Exams 2014
Job profile of Village Revenue Officers (VRO) and Village Revenue Assistants (VRA)
- Village Revenue Officers (VRO) is a full time job and Village Revenue Assistants (VRA) is considered to be a part time job. The job profile of these two is very lengthy. We will try to explain in brief. In simple words we can say that these two posts are key in village level in
- A VRO or VRA will assist the Mandal Revenue Inspector, Mandal Revenue Officer in collecting land cess, maintain land records and other revenue related issues like validating the residents income data, cast records, social status records etc.
- If one has to get any certificate from Mandal Revenue Office, first you have to approach the VRO or VRA to complete the primary formalities like verification of your address, other information provided by the applicant in his requisition letter.
- VRO or VRAs endorsement will help the RI or MRO to proceed further on the application.
Number of Posts
VRO – 1,657 Posts
VRA – 4,305 Posts
In total 5,962 Posts
Should I face tough competition?
Yes. As the eligibility criteria is very low (Intermediate for VRO and 10th Class for VRA) and there is no Interview there will be around 10 lakhs people are applying for 5,962 posts. So you should work hard to beat them.
Usually these exams will be of lower difficulty level. But, as mentioned above, this time the competition is very high. Even engineering graduates are also applying for these posts. So you can expect twisted questions with moderate difficulty level.
Salary and Growth
- For VROs initial salary is Rs. 7,250/- and you can get Rs. 22,430/- based on your seniority. You can reach upto Junior Assistant, Senior Assistant, Deptuty Tehshildar, Tehshildar within 10 years based on your performance.
- For VRAs the initial salary will be around Rs. 3000/- You can work in your own villiage. You can reach upto VRO, Junior Assistant, Senior Assistant, Deputy Tehshildar based on your performance.
Advantages of these posts
- Job Security
- Local postings
- No Interview
Written Exam (Objective Type) 100 marks
- General Studies- 60 Marks
- Arithmetic skills- 30
- Logical skills-10
for VRO Posts
- Education : Intermediate / Diploma (you should study 4 years upto the completion of your course in the district which you are applying for)
Age : 18 to 36 years
for VRA Posts
- Education : 10th Class
Age : 18 to 37 years
You must be a native of the village for which you are applying for
- Notification by District Collectors calling for applications – 28th December 2013
Last date of payment of Fee through online – 12th January 2014
Last date for receipt of applications online – 13th January 2014
Downloading of Hall Tickets from website From 19th January 2014
Conduct of Written Test – 2nd February 2014
Publication of Initial Key – 4th February 2014
Final Key – 10th February 2014
Certificate Verification by Districts Collectors / Revenue Divisional Officer’s and issuing appointment orders 26th February 2014
Important Contact Details
For any problems in Online submission and download of hall-tickets call Ph: 040 23120118
Check the district wise help desk numbers from here (you can contact them from 10.30 A.M to 1.00 P.M & 1.30 P.M to 5 P.M on working days)
Where to Apply ?
Click here to apply.